THE MHI MENTORING PROGRAM
for young women
INVITATION TO APPLY
About the Mentoring Program
Professional women between the ages of 22 and 35 partner with more experienced professionals who exemplify the ideals of the Murray Hill Institute. Program year runs from October to May. It is open to applicants from NY tri-state area (NY, NJ, and CT).
Mentor-mentee meeting topics:
- Goal Setting
- Career Development (including resume review)
- Effective Communication
- Managing Interpersonal Relationships (peers, managers, conflict resolution)
- Effective Networking
- Leadership Development
- Maintaining Life Balance (work/life, giving back)
Benefits of the Program
- Discuss career changes with someone who is more experienced.
- Build self-confidence as a person and a professional.
- Work with a mentor outside of your own place of employment.
- Receive guidance and support to make positive changes in the workplace.
- Receive advice on work-life balance and other workplace issues.
- Opportunities for peer networking.
Responsibilities of Mentors, Mentees and Murray Hill Institute
- Conduct one-to-one meetings with mentee covering all program topics.
- Provide career development advice during the program year.
- Ensure mutual confidentiality of sessions/discussions.
- Be responsible for establishing initial contact and meeting with the mentee.
- Articulate expectations of the mentoring partnership.
- Ask for and be open to feedback.
- Discuss progress of advice received.
- Assume responsibility for one’s own development.
- Schedule appointments with the mentor after the initial session.
Murray Hill Institute will:
- Match mentees with suitable mentors.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the mentoring program.
- Provide resources for mentors and mentees that can enhance the mentoring partnership and contribute to the personal development of both parties.
- Complete on-line application and pay program fee.
- MHI will confirm the receipt of your application.
- Once the application is reviewed and accepted, a mentor will be assigned and a confirmation communication will be sent to the mentor and mentee.
- Mentor will establish the initial contact with the mentee and schedule first meeting.
In addition to covering resource materials, the cost also entitles the mentee to complimentary admission to Mentor/Mentee networking receptions, as well as all MHI leadership seminars and lectures.